To assist us to meet this vision, the Council is currently looking for exceptional people to join our new afterhours Contact Centre – people who are customer focused and go the extra mile.
The afterhours Contact Centre is Council’s first point of contact for enquiries afterhours. The Contact Centre team has extensive knowledge of anything and everything about the Council. This role will involve answering a wide range of inbound enquiries about bylaws, building and property information, animal control, water service and rates information.
We need casual team members who can be flexible with shift patterns that run between Monday to Friday 5.30pm-7am and 24 hours on weekends and public holidays.
Our excellent in-house training will provide you with the necessary skills to handle each type of call and support you while you settle into your role. You will learn from passionate, engaged leaders and be surrounded by a fun and diverse team.
In order to be successful for this role you must have NCEA Level 3 or University Entrance equivalent. You will need a minimum of three years’ work experience, preferably in a customer service environment. The following skills are also an essential requirement for the position:
• Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written, including the ability to relay technical information to customers in a way that is easily understood.
• Excellent listening skills and the ability to ask probing questions and understand concerns.
• Strong customer focus and commitment.
• Patience and empathy as required.
• Excellent keyboard skills and proven competency in the use of a wide range of computer applications and online service tools.
If you would like to be part of this dynamic and growing call centre, and you believe you have the necessary skills and experience required to be successful in this position, please apply on-line by visiting our website www.tauranga.govt.nz
Applications close at 5.00pm on Wednesday 6th August 2014.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand. If you are not a NZ Citizen, you must have the right of permanent residence or a work permit.